Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Starting from cold

Nice, thought i was gunna be looking at 50 bucks each!!!!!

RESULT!!!

Will order some in the next week or so, and report back if/when i fit them, think mine are shot 2 bits, hae a good feeling about this!!

Why would the spray pattern ect make such a difference to the performance? surely as long as its making it through, it should be ok?!?!

Cheers for all yer help so far,

:D I FOOKING LOVE THIS SITE!!! :D

I'm seriously looking forward to the results of changing the injectors. My Corrado does the same as described in this thread - often starts on two or three cylinders.

In addition after a reasonable booting it likes to idle at 1500rpm as well, like a valve or something is sticking. I've changed the ISV with no effect. Occasionally the idle will suddenly drop from 1500rpm to 900rpm as if someone's flicked a awitch. Anyone else experience this? I expect it's completely unrelated to the poor starting but since there are plenty of 16v owners posting here it seemed as good a place as any to ask.

I reckon it may be the injectors, looking forward to the results. They have to diffuse the petrol as a fine high pressure spray in order for proper combustion to take place. I'm thinking now that on startup sometimes the spray isn't a good enough one (maybe more like a squirt - fuel pressure too low?), and there is no combustion. When it finally does start, either the cylinders are running too rich because of all the fuel that's gone in and not combusted, or each of the injectors starts to spray properly in an independant fashion. This could be it :-P

If not, maybe then it points to something in the pressurisation of the fuel...??

don't forget to replace the fuel filter before fitting new injectors! There's no point in fitting nice new injectors if you're just gonna clog 'em back up the first time you fire up the car! :roll: :lol:

Right i did some work to my car yesterday afternoon.

Ive changed the oil,oilfilter,fuel filter,gearbox oil,plugs,leads,cap,rotor arm,recon starter, and fitted new leads and connectors from the alt-starter-batt.

Ive also put some Slick 50 in with the oil,Slick fuel treatment in and slick gearbox treatment.Then took the car to Blackpool with my girlfriend to run everything in.

It was a very cold night last night and when i came to start it up this morning i was expecting the same starting probs, but as soon as i turned the key she started and purred away as if there had never been anything wrong.

The test will be tommorrow cos it hasnt been running since 11 this morning.

Fingers crossed.

Sorry this is the 1st chance ive had to post today.

I woke up to frost everywhere today so was expecting the car not to start, but as soon as i turned the key it was alive and well. So i think i might have solved this problem (for me anyhow)

The only down side i seem to have now is a little bit of irratic idle but not all the time, so will have to look into that now.

That's good news. The only stuff I haven't done from your list is change the fuel filter and change the leads for the alternator circuit. Going on the assumption that the fuel pressure may be up the swanny iniitially, then fuel filter sounds promising. I'll give that a go and see - ta

i changed the leads few months ago, and it didnt fix it so gunna rule that out for now! think i will try rotor arm n cap, mine smells kinda funny from the exhaust sometimes to when pull up at lights ect, and i get a wiff of the exhaust fumes!?!?