Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

FK Coilovers Leaking

Hi

Just had my VR6 serviced and on the report the guys have found that one of my front FK coilover units is leaking and the two rear are "sweating". This is only after approx 20K miles- I have attempted to get a respose from FK but they have not so far responded to my mail. Has anyone else had probs with FK units? - and do we know if the units can be rebuilt?

Cheers

Are they the KoenigSports? If so, I think they'll honour the claim as they're Koni dampers essentially. Not sure about the Highsports....

Either way 20K from a set is a pretty poor show. What are your roads like? Mine are terrible and the front Konis don't feel as good as they once did......and they're less than a year old :(

Roads here are like every where else it seems ie sh*te! - will try and contact koni - thanks for the tip.

Ray, if they are Kongsports you should have no probs getting them replaced as the dampers are Koni. Who supplied them? Assuming they're an authorised dealer they'll sort it for you.

I got them from Dubsport when I was working in that area - but it now involves a 500 mile rounf trip to go and see them - I hoped that FK might have a local dealer in the Edinburgh area I could vist. I will try the Koni route as I'm sure they must have a local agent!

I got them from Dubsport when I was working in that area - but it now involves a 500 mile rounf trip to go and see them - I hoped that FK might have a local dealer in the Edinburgh area I could vist. I will try the Koni route as I'm sure they must have a local agent!

Worth calling Dubsport and seeing what they suggest? Drastic I know, but sit the car on axle stands and send the suspension back to them? Assuming you have another car you can use.