Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Buying a G60

I would just like to say hi to everyone, I'm new on the board. Not yet purchased my Corrado, but am in the process of looking for one. I just wanted to know if anyone could help with tips on what to look for, regular probelms they have, and possibly what to avoid, that kind of thing.

Thanks

Dan

someone made up a checklist of everything to look for when buying a corrado. anyone have a link to it? can't remember where that was, but if no one has it i'll go looking for it....

if its a G60 you're after (good choice :thumb right: ) the biggest thing to make sure of is the condition of the supercharger. if the car is over 50,000km (you'll be hard-pressed to find one thats not) the charger will either have been rebuilt, or you're going to want to have it rebuilt soon after your purchase, just to be safe. if the seller says its been rebuilt, dont believe it unless there is official documentation of it, receipts, etc. if you're not convinced it has been properly rebuilt, if at all, then drop your offering price by the cost of a rebuild.

the guy who sold me my G60 said the charger had been rebuilt, but didn't have any documentation. i believed him, and bought the car... he was telling the truth... it had been rebuilt using the quality parts... but without documentation i don't know how long ago this was, and i had no proof at all until the charger was cracked open... the only way to be sure the bearings and other internals are sound is to rebuild it fresh again, its not something i want to gamble with.. nor should any G60 owner.

i just had mine completely rebuilt. you're lookin at about a grand US.

some people say don't get a G60 because of the maintenance cost, or they are unreliable or whatever... the charger rebuild issue is the major concern. other than this, the car is very reliable and very enjoyable as long as it is well-maintained.

good luck in your search, wait for a nice one to come along!

G60Dan, I made a list of things to look for.

If you want a copy send me a PM.