Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

reccomended tuning products

I want to make only a few minor perfomance alterations to my Storm.

I am thinking of just changing the exhuast and having an induction kit installed, then an AmD VR6 Kit (big throttle body and rechip)

I would like the exhuast and induction kit done first, but am not really sure what to go for. I am not after something that looks great, or sounds good - this is all about getting the power out. Has anyone got any reccomendations as to what induction kit/exhuast combination I should go for?

Cheers

Ads

Milltek exhaust from JMR - pm 16VG60 for information on his VERY reasonable pricing for these!

As for the air filter.. something refined rather than balls out noise like you find on the K&N - heard good things about the CDA Carbon Intake (think Stealth Racing sell and fit these - http://www.stealthracing.co.uk) or I know LicklePaulie has a GruppeM induction kit on his VR6 which again is rather nice looking and not too OTT on the noise - sounds just right :)

Hope that helps a bit.

Magnex cat back exhaust and a bmc cda filter, combination i have on mine at the min and its great, even better if the CC has been relocated and u have a better air flow too it.

Not That loud either.

Hi,

I just fitted a Supersprint CAT Back system on m VR6 and I tell you the performance increase is evidant from the word go!

There is so much more torque and I find myself taking certain corners in 4th or even 5th Gear! There is power increase everywhere.

The great thing about it is the descreet sound, unlike most of the other systems out there.

It's more expensive than a Miltek but It really feels like a very good chip upgrade! :)

Next.... the manifold!!! :lol:

Ahmed

Dubai

I have only done a carbonio air intake and decat to my VR6 and seen an increase of 14bhp on the rolling road. car feels much sharper and it sounds amazing when getting pushed :)

From what I gather the std exhaust is pretty good so a decat was enough for me.

Hmmm..... never seen improvements like that before, but you can't argue with the rolling road!

I bet if I did the same to mine I'd get 2hp, LOL!

I meant to get a printout of the plots overlaid (still on pc from last day) but forgot :oops:

Next time Im up Ill get them all and post them up. they make interesting viewing. Im still a bit low on power lowdown and the MAF is the suspect.

I went to AmD last week and had a Ram Air induction kit, milltek exhaust, larger throttle bodies and a re-map. the Power was only boosted from 186 to 202bhp with the remap, but I was unsure what it was before the other parts were fitted. The engine is till quite "tight" apparently, and I was told to expect some more as it continues to run in.

Have to admit I was chuffed with the new feel of the car, but am already considering my next step in tuning.