Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Looking for the best filter for your Corrado?

You should recommend him to the Punto Forum!

BMC make filter for Ferrari so I am sure Ferrari wouldnt skimp of an induction kit, I may be wrong!

hi,still back to my original question on the previous page.do BMC make a panel filter for a 1.8 16V??if not is there any alternative and what would it involve??

Soz, I will have a look for you on their website and let you know, I have the tel number for the place where you can order one if your interested. Just say you know me and he will take care of you.

KARMANN, I called the company for you earlier today and they do a panel filter for £39,95- delivery is around 5 / 7 days. The guy at the shop said he would only recommend a panel filter so I am going to give BMC a call direct! I will let you know the out come if that interests you!

Hi

I spoke to BMC in aAmerica today and they say that they havent tested the filter on a Corrado, thats why they suggest flat pane; filter.

Either way, the system in toe with the CDA system is that it can give you 30 % more aqir so providing you alter the mapping / fuel / oil mixtures etc so you get the best out of it. If you dont get the car tunned you may be getting to much air in which would obviously defeat the object of upgrading performance.

I now have contact details for the main supplier in Milton Kynes so I will get intouch with them today or monday as im out of the office. I am sure that the panel filter will be 1 of the best around.

I can give you direct contact details with BMC if you like? Let me know and I will forward my e mail on to you from America. I would be interested to see what performance gains they could get with and without my CDA before they chip it. I will ask AMD if they can do that for when my car is booked in.

Rams,sorry im tired and brain isnt working properly.so if i get a panel i dont need to remap or adjust the fuel air mix?

Mate, if your looking to get better performance then you buy the filter / be it a panel or induction kit, the idea being that you aid more air into the system therefore needing more fuel etc to complete the chain.

If you just put a panel filter in then you wont need much adjustment, you could leave the adjustment alone and it would feel fine, but it would be that little bit better to give it a tune, you could always wait untill you have modded it again then take it for a tune. See how you get on. Most people would just put the panel filter in and leave it but I am fussy about stuff like that, it has to be perfect!!

thanks Rams.so bmc definately do a panel filter?il check out the web site is there not another supplier mibby in the uk?

Yes mate,, they are in Milton Kynes. The web address is http://www.bmc.airfilters.com and you should be able to organise what you are looking for or alternatively call

01202 729 205 they are called Hyperturismo Racing Ltd ask for Joe or Tony and say Ramsay recommended me to you for a BMC filter from joing the Corrado Forum. Also add that there are other people he has spoken too about Hyperturismo so he will denfinitely do you a good deal.

You will need to measure the filter so you know that the correct side will be delivered - better to be safe than sorry, shame my misses didnt adopt that tatic!!

If you have any probs then e mail me back. Just give em a call and you can pay for it over the fone by card. It would be better for you to speak to Joe but hes always busy so Tony will be fine.