Sign in to follow this  
GB_SEAN

INTERIOR SWAP pre 92 for post 92??

I have an 89 16v with the Grey interior, I want to change to dash and evrything else to the later type with the red needles ect and black door cards, seats and carpet etc.

What problems am I likely to face as I hate the white needle dash.

Wiring for window switches and mirrors are different. Seat back pivoting points are bigger on later cars with a different clip to fit them into (you will see what I mean once you get the late interior in your hands).

just get hold of a black early interior and then it's just a case of swapping like for like... no messing about with changing wiring and switches etc etc etc... 8)

Your dashboard clocks are more difficult as, IIRC, 89's have a mechanical milage and speedos so swapping to a later one is not just a straight swap.... Best bet is, as pablo_vr6, says, to paint the needles... nail varnish works VERY well and you can then get them any colour you want! 8)

Could do, Did not realise that the black interior was available for early cars? do want a black dash etc though as hate the grey interior. So a Black dash is availbale from early cars then?

Nail varish works just get the gf to get it for you. Black dash was available in early type cars i have it in my 91 G60

Clocks are simple mate, 4 screws holding the black surround, 2 others holding the cluster housing, 1 electrical plug, 1 pipe and the speedo. Need to take out the drivers airvent also which is only one screw to get enough space to maneouvre the clocks out. Takes 10 mins.