Sign in to follow this  
DanA

BMC CDA filter

I've just bought one of these and will hopefully be fitting it at the weekend. Just a couple of questions for anyone who's done this already:

1. Where can I attach the bracket to hold the CDA in place ? (anybody have any close up pics)

2. I don't really want to remove the Carbon Canister so whats the best route for the air pipe to take ?

Cheers,

Dan

You attach it to one of the belt tensioner bolts.

No need to remove the CC. The cold air hose doesn't make any difference, so don't fit it.

Here's some pics i took for someone else dan, they may help you.

If your not going to relocate the CC, i would just haveing the airflow faceing behind the headlight, like the airbox is.

Thanks for that!!

Again thanks for the bit of pipe Gareth. I've ended up having to buy a straight bit but it was very useful for finding the right size!

Just need to find some spare time to fit it now :D

As a matter of interest, have you removed the plastic cover underneath your car ? Just trying to work out where your airflow pipe actually comes out.

Dan

Cheers mate... I've just got it fitted and its superb!! Much quieter than the K&N, very pleased with it 8)

I may route the ducting through the CC hole if I ever get round to it... I just wondered how you can get the pipe so air is forced into it ?

Cool, glad you got it fitted it ok, i was kinda hopein for k&N loud when i bought it, but like the magnex was quiter then expected, now im happy with the sound they all put out. Seems just right.

wearnt sure if the pipe i sent you would be enough, as me and tim had already had some of it, least it showed you what size to get.

I'll try and get a picture showin where the pipe comes out and where the CC is located.