Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Chee

Body / Paint Shops

Once I have sorted out my few niggly non-cosmetic problems with my G60 I plan on getting some bodywork done.

I have a couple of dents in awkward places and a cracked bumper underneath the drivers side fogs (the fog on that side wont even sit properly, the crack is that bad)!

When I have done this I plan on getting a full respray (paintwork is poor in a few places probabyy won't change colour as its too expensive).

Anybody know anywhere in the Midlands that are any good?

I heard there is a pretty good place in Nuneaton actually. My sisters fella just had a load of work done there on his 106 GTI (and i'm not talking stupid body kits or sparkly paint or anything - just repairing some previously shoddy / quickly done work) and he was very happy with the service and the quality he had from them. Apparently they normally deal with pretty expensive motors - TVR's, Scooby's, etc.

I'm thinking about some of the work I need doing on my car a little later down the line (slightly straighten a few slightly misaligned panels from previous accident repair, repair rust on door, respray driver side wing, etc) and I might check this place out and see if they are up to it.

I'll get the details and let you know.

Pauls Body shop in Barwell, otherside of Hinckley.

They spray brand new Noble cars so they got to be good.

If I was still living at home I would have got my car resprayed there but as I'm up in Lincoln now.....

A very good friend of the family used to work there in the past and he was a perfectionist. He's now given up the body repair trade but he recommends him. I had my old car repaired there Cat C insurance write off (not a corrado!) and I couldn't tell the difference. He quoted me approx £1500 for a respray (approx 1200 + VAT) on the corrado

I'm also in Warwickshire.

Took my damaged VR6 to PJ Bates in Birmingham earlier this year.

Did an excellent job: new passenger door and sill + making good rear quarter.

Discussed full respray with him, but he assured me as rest of car was in good order, the repair would blend in.

He was right!