Sign in to follow this  
JMC

G-Werks large intercooler conversion - big thumbs up!!

This is for any of you toying with the idea of unleashing your g60's by converting to a large intercooler. Had mine done by Darren at G-Werks at the weekend and it gets a big, big thumbs up!! Nice one Darren you've created a monster.

nice one ,been toying with this for a while now but still have not yet done it ,its great to hear someone thats really imprest with this mod .now i now for sure that its worth doing.by the way what type cooler is it,golfg60 or darrens custom.

cheers.

brian.

ooo sounds interesting :) Have you pushed her yet? Whats kinda gain you got?

Dr Jonnie gives likes the prescription for inreasesed cooling then? LOL :wink: .. You fail to mention the 50 coats of waxoil you applyed to your engine bay while passing the time away while the cooler was being fitted.

I bet i can guess what kind of a cooler this is, - golf one by any chance Daz??? :wink:

yes mate kindly donated by yourself...

JMC your in london if you can make it come down to my monthly show this evening at Ace Cafe west london wouldnt mind seeing this thing

Info how to get there in the event pages

JMC your in london if you can make it come down to my monthly show this evening at Ace Cafe west london wouldnt mind seeing this thing

Info how to get there in the event pages

blah blah blah, I've heard its not that good, hehehe... :p

Heyup Brian, yep I'm gettnig mine done at G-Werks. Your best bet is to ring Darren for a price, I'm getting my charger serviced while I'm there so that's included in the price.

He's a top bloke and will give you a good price.

Hi guys,

Apologies for the complete lack of response - been out of the country for a few weeks and not had much chance to play with my new toy. Response wise - it's got a lot more pull in 1st and 2nd even without planting the right foot competely. Definately noticable over the standard intercooler. On the drive home I pushed it to see how much difference there was - I can feel the horns growing and the forked tail appear, it's a beast (at least compared to the pussy cat it was before):evil:

It's a real stealthy install - not one for anybody whos after complete bling behind the grill, although I'm sure Darren would do them in chrome if required. I am concerned though that all that extra waxoil I put in the battery tray is causing her to be a little nose heavy :oops:

Sound quality JMR.

Apart from wheels, im seriously considering this for my nxt mod, so want to find out what i can JMR, is this predominantly a power, torque increasing mod or for effiency?? Is there an improvement through the rest of the gears too/ does it feel alot quicker?

g-man help me out here. i have emailed and PMed you and gotten no response. i am very interested in upgrading.

we fitted a golf g60 intercooler set up into jmc's car we pruchased this as a complete second hand unit...