Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

The lovely light switch

I will set the scene, i was hungry so i say to myself, ill pop out and get a take away tonight! get in car turn lights on get to take away and the bloody lights wont go off, anyway i have to snap the switch off and wedge a nail in to keep them off! to top it all off my food was stone cold by this point!

So whats the score guys, what do i need to do to fix this?

Best place is Stealers.

You get the complete unit which is the dial to dim the cluster lights and the light switch - you simply pry the old one out with a flat headed screwdriver, disconnect the clip from the back, reclip new one, push back in. 2 minute job.

I just did mine this weekend as my lightswitch has been intermittently stubborn over the past few months, getting worse last week - luckily in the box of bits I got when I bought my car was a brand new light switch ready to put in :)

Mine cost about £51 from stealers in March. I bought 2 then managed to engineer a repair on the busted one, by fixing a splint to the broken leg with Plastic Metal. The pathetic little lights dont work, though - not needed anyway.

Part no. 535941531F 01C

to top it all off my food was stone cold by this point!

So whats the score guys, what do i need to do to fix this?

You could get some sort of food warming device in the car... The Hella fridges that GSF sell are very good and can be inverted to keep food warm as well :wink:

thanks guys! cost me £53.42!!!!!!!

Rest assured "godskitchen", for this small sum you will have acquired a top quality component designed and manufactured by Teutonic geniuses and craftsman.

(Perhaps they should stick to binoculars, beer and sausages.)