Sign in to follow this  
fla

switch leds

Hi all,

Just in the process of changing the green leds to blue ones on the dash and switches -bit of a prob with the window switches - after taking the cover off the driver side switch (houses both driver & passenger switch) I cant remove that circuit board to desolder the existing leds. On the passenger side switch I've sort of forced the led into the slot but havent checked to see if it works yet - too much rain and the car is a little way away! Not really a solution i like TBH. On teh plug side of teh switch the pins are located in two banks - one side have been rotated clockwise and the other ani-clockwise through the slots - if you've done this mod you'll know what I mean. BTW I've got a 94 VR new style switches.

Also, is there any way to replace the ash tray bulb with an led - I've removed the green paint, put in a blue filter and some foil in the housing but its still blocking the light too much to get the right blue.

Thanks for the help

OK sorted - just a question of using a small minus screwdriver to open the slots a bit and the circuit board can be gently pressed through via the pins. After removing the board, I've dremelled the holes a bit so teh board just slots back in. Be careful with the pins as one of mine has broken off and is a PIA to fix back on again.

Done and dusted, mods please lock.

Glad we were of service, lol :)