Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

G60 ECU Resetting?

My flatmate keeps going on about resetting the ECU on my car, telling me its the best thing in the world to do and that my car will run amazing well after doing it! He however owns a standard Peugeot 306 Rallye, and I own a modified G60... So what I'm wondering is if resetting the ECU will do any good considering my car has a Jabba chip (possibly custom mapped.. I don't know) and if it will, how do i do it?

Cheers, Chris

im not sure but i think you just remove the negative terminal from the battery for a few minutes and it resets as well as your mfa, stereo ect

There is no reset facility on a G60. Try it by all means but I asure you that it does no learning at all. The maps are all burnt into the chip.

Gavin

yup, Gav's correct here... the G60 ECU is set and has no variables to reset in it... 8)

I'd be surprised if a 306 Rallye had learned engine adaptation too.. The 306 engines weren't that advanced...

And then there's the point that ECU reset is something that you should only do if you've signficantly modified your engine's characteristics, and you'd like it to learn the new ones QUICKLY, rather than over time.

Just resetting the ECU for no apparent reason will generally result in the car running slightly rich for a short while. No other real benefit, it'll still keep learning the same adaptation values.

Mine gets done once a year. But that's only because the battery goes flat each time I go on hols... ;)

if the rallye is anything like the S16 306 than if u reset the ecu it just resets its memory allowing the parts that are failing (like sensors) not to be picked up by the ecu for a while...which makes the car run better for a while but slowly fails back to normal when the faults get picked up.....

ope it makes sense,,,in the long run get ya sensors working properly and a good tune up with make the car feel a bt better overall