Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Merc sprinter intercooler

Im plannin on fittin a merc srpinter-cooler into my G soon just wondering is anyone who has done this before could give me some info as ive heard some trimming needs to be done, pics would be ace. Also i have a guy at mercades tee'd up to get me one but he needs the part number, any help is muchly appreciated

Cheers

Ross

Hallo,

Not thats its a lot of use to you but I am planning on fitting one of these as part of my G6016v conversion, I will have a look in the loft tomorrow to see if I can see a prt number for you.

Let me know how you get on if you fit yours before me!

Cheers,

Yan

My intercooler is mounted in front of the radiator and is the same size as an RS2 intercooler. JMR has seen it and reckons it is a very neat install, best bit is that the intercooler is from Forge and the invoice I've got shows it was only about £130, admittedly a couple of years ago but wouldn't have gone upby much

Darren had one on his old 'RIP' Corrado. From what I remeber it was a squeze to fit in and required a lot of hacking the front of panel and boost hoses ran close to PAS hoses. The Sprinter cooler is a very effective item, but not really suitable for the Corrado unless your really chopping up your car about.

Yandards- a part number would be an absolute winner

Andy- any chance you could send me some pics or give me a description of how you mounted it?

Cheers guys

this should help you to see where its was mounted on my car. like we said it a tight squeeze around the pas pipes here.. i think biggerben has used on around the other way though ...

Hi,

Part number on the bottom of the intercooler is 816890. Other numbers are AA1031 854183W and 'Made In France' :shock: :oops:

I have attached a file showing approx. dimms of the intercooler. Other dims are core is 35mm deep and end caps are 50mm deep, end caps (inlet/outlet connections) are 90mm deep with standard 2.5" diameter outlets.

I got mine from german e-bay brand new for about £170.00 but if you know how big you want it (oh-er!) then I would recommend having a look at some US companies as the exchange rate is goooood ATM.

Cheers,

Yan

P.S. Darren any chance of a few pics of the install on your car ? Save me a lot of headscratching about where to cut!