Sign in to follow this  
andy.b

temp gage not working on vr6

alright people, got a problem and its a pain in the ass and needs sorting. my temp gage aint working, some wanker when installing an imobliser pulled all my fucking wires out of my fuse box. an auto electrical place has replaced them all and everything works fine now. it has been back to him twice to see if he can sort my temp gage out and he cant.

he has checked the yellow and other switches on the thermostat and wires which control the temp gage and its still not working, he said the wire is not broken because there is power at both end of the wire, from coming out of the thermostat, going into the fuse box and wire going up into the dach that connects to the temp gage.

can anyone help please, if i taken it to volkswagen and got it pluged into a computer. would the computer show what was wrong?

do you thinck something has shorted on the clocks and these need replacing?

The computer can't show what's wrong in cases like this (the ECU doesn't give a monkeys about the reading on the temp gauge, it has it's own engine temp sensors). It's simply a job for a bored sunday and sitting there tracing all the wires through the loom using a multimeter to see what's going on. Or paying a shed load of cold hard cash to someone to do that for you. You should maybe sue the idiot who broke it in the first place...