Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Anyone used HALTECH stand alone management

I'm having a problem trying to upload a new map to my Haltech ECU from my laptop, it just doesn't seem to want to connect at all, I tried all sorts of this like reinstalling etc and I'm pretty sure the ECU has power, any one got this setup / played with the software....? ideas?

Annoying, just went to Jabbasport today to have a spin in a 340bhp mk2 Golf and picup a new map for my car which should get it through an MOT but can't load the map... :cry:

wasnt there someone selling one of these somewhere,here oR Ebay

have a hunt and ask m8 you never know they might keep you right

or ask how to update if its an ebay dippy

How does the laptop connect? - Were you on mains or battery power?

I would try another laptop or PC first so you can determine if the problem is definetly the car....

are you runing windows xp cos if you are it will not work i tryed every thing,try windows 98 this is what i use and dont have any trouble at all

are you runing windows xp cos if you are it will not work i tryed every thing,try windows 98 this is what i use and dont have any trouble at all

I use win ME on my laptop, funny thing is that it loaded up the map fine about 6 months ago, haven't touched the laptop since then and now it dosen't want to connect. Normally it wil say 'connect haltech' if the lap tops not speaking to the ECU but nothing!!! ????

Might put 98 on it tomorrow and see what happens, i'm 80% sure its the laptop end not the ECU...

:?:

How does the laptop connect? - Were you on mains or battery power?

I would try another laptop or PC first so you can determine if the problem is definetly the car....

laptop connects through a serial output, via the relevant wire to the ECU. Laptop has been used both on mains and batt. And I don't have another computer as y other one runs XP and the software dosen't work on that! Only ME, 98, 3.11, 3.1 and less. Going to put 98 on the computer tomorrow and see what happens. Think the software might be crashing but I've unistalled it many time and reinstalled it and nothing...?

Have you tried running it on XP but in 98 compatability mode??

Right update,

I've got it to connect now, put 98 onto an old computer i had and booted it up in DOS, works fine now and connects no probs, HOWEVER my new map won't load up now.... typical !!!!!! this map works on a mates Haltech ECU where I got it from, 340bhp @ 1.2bar so why dosen't it work on mine!!!! I've decided that I offically hate computers....

Good idea supercharged.....didn't think of that...

I hate computers too!!! Maybe I shouldn't have spent 4 years doing 'Computing' at Uni then :roll:

I dont have a career in IT either....thankfully!

Timo.