Sign in to follow this  
del68

Replacing brakes

Time to replace the brakes, i.e. discs, pads, calipers and hoses.

Now I've found all the part numbers in the GSF catalogue except for the calipers. They don't seem to list any for the Corrado.

I'm going with the Brembo discs, front and rear along with Pagid pads. Any ideas on the correct part No. for the calipers?

Also I've read a few times on here if sticking with standard brake setup it's best to stick with VAG parts. Are they vastly more expensive, if not where can I find the part No's I need?

Cheers in advance.

failry certain they have front and rear calipers for about £50ish, if your discs are cross drilled would recommend pagid fast roads - more dusty but harder wearing

also grab yourself a set of rear caliper carrier bolts, from the main dealer.

even if the others come undone without butchering them, its best to replace 'em.

good point about the bolts, if your cars essential make sure you can undo them all before cracking on with one side - especially rears

for the rears you'd best be getting new bearings whilst your at it about £13 ea from GSF

Won't be doing the work myself :oops: Don't have the knowledge or the patience. I just know I have to replace everything "at the wheels" so to speak and have browsed the GSF cat for the parts. Did'nt think about the bearings or carrier bolts :oops: ANy ideas on how much I should be looking at for fitting?

fronts are piss so couple of hours, backs *may* be problematic due to bolts therefore anticipate 3 hours maybe more.... and relies on no major problems.

depends on garage rate, at £25 hour you'd better budget £150

Have a look on the parts club prices doc in the servicing section for part numbers... The VAG discs should be cheaper than the brembo's but I would get the the Pagid Fast Road pads (GSF) as they are alot more effective than the standard ones...

For calipers get the mk4 ones for the rear as they are alloy and won't seize up (GSF also)

del68, We do sell the rear calipers, unfortunately we can't cram all of our stock into the brochure. The brochure is just a small selection of our range.

I would recommend that your use EBC Greenstuff front pads (which we also sell) - better than the Pagids. :wink:

Hiya guys, this maybe of some help to some of you. I got this email:

Thanks for enquiry

Brembo sport kit for fnt of 2.0 16v £239.00 incl. vat

Afraid they don't do the 280mm G60 ones !

G60 Diamond cross drilled fnt discs £127.00 pair Predator pads £44.00 set

Prices include vat

Kind regards

E & O.E.

PLEASE INCLUDE THIS EMAIL WITH ANY REPLY

Proven Products Marketing Ltd.

http://www.proven-products.co.uk