Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Passat Door Handle ?

I've heard the Passat door handle internals are slightly different to the Corrado, anyone confirm this or shed a little more light on the subject? I'm particularly interested in the striker arm - the bit that breaks.

Thanks

Dave

your kits should fit the passat handles as well as i think the only difference with the passat handles is the striker arm, its longer than the corrado one and requires the passat lock mech to fit the corrado

When fitting rear handles on the front, you need to use the catch on the back of the door from the Passat. I think the bit you are talking of is longer on a Passat handle.

Gavin

Yeah it's longer on a passat than a corrado - I might be able to lend you a mech and handle if you want?

are you thinking about making these for passats, or for corrados using passat handles ?

if people bought the passat handles and fit the corrado repair kit to them they wont need the passat mech 8)

the passats dont seem to have a problem with broken striker arms, it seems this problem is specific to the rado handles

Think I must drive around with my eyes closed because I never see you!

Just let me know if you need them...