Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Front Engine Mount

Hi people

I have a sligt knocking sound when I pull away quickly or when I change gear and lift the clutch pedal quickly. Also on the subject of pulling away, my car makes a weird noise like the clutch is slipping, it will be too difficult to try and spell!! Has anoyone had this before? The car has 93n thousand miles on her now, probably on the same clutch. If it is the clutch I would like to do it my self and a few mates who know what they're doing.... Is it a bastard job to do? Again, any recommendations to which clutch to use? Rough costing too if yo know it! Back to initial enquire!

I went to a garage to see if they knew what is was because I had a journey to make to Gatwick so I just wanted to make sure that everying was tight! There was quite a lot of engine movment, the mechanic said that the engine mount is oil filled, is that true?

Is that all my problems are likelt to be? I noticed that my drivers side wheel looks off camber as the car was put back together not long ago after an accident, thats normally wheen they take the shock off if you dont get the line right on the hub carrier it will be off camber but I dont think that would cause the knocking. I will try a new engine mount so can anyone recommend a good mount? I used to use the VR6 engine mount on my MK2 Golf so is there any stronger mounts than the vr6 that OI could use? I heard that using a really strong engine mount may not help much if the others are standard? Is that true?

srtd mount is oil filled. but this dont last long. mine had around a inch or so play in it when i tok it off. Get a Volkspeed one (uprated) n the front mount problems are no more

My clutch made a very strange noise too a sort of groaning hard to describe noise, it didn't slip though it sounded as if it should have!, I put up with it for a year or. I replaced the clutch myself, I have a 16V and found it a bit of a struggle on my own (axle stands, trolley jacks etc) if you have a mate to help you should be ok, the gearbox is heavy watch fingers! and only seemed to come out one way, downwards at an angle. Use a good quality kit I used a sachs and remember to degrease the clutch plate with brake cleaner before you assemble it, you will also need an allignment tool (cheapish)

Hope this helps

Sorry, I forgot to say that my clutch doesnt seem to move, it just sounds like its struggling a little. It id annoying as it sounds rubbish when you pull away,l it doesnt do it all the time but its getting worse. I take it that the noise went away when you changed the clutch?

I was going to buy a Black Diamond kit from Venom for £182 inc VAT, they are sopposed to be around 30 percent stronger. I love flying off at lights, light it up in second and a little in 3rd! Would you recommend a clutch for my VR6? VR's are hydrolic clutches.

Could someone please tell me the dimentions on the corrado g60 clutch in cm. and how many, dont know the english word for it.... splines ? there are

thanks

Yes the noise went away totally, sounds like you need an upgraded kit to handle the quick changes 8) don't know how easy the job is on a VR though, should be easy enough just lots of bits to take off, certainly the time to change the mounts. I did it in an afternoon, reading some of the posts re garage repair bills, you will save enough cash to cover the cost of either the mounts or the clutch kit or even both, food for thought, I wouldn't let a garage near my car

snap, the saying is,' if you want a job done properly, then do it yourself'!!

Are there anyposts on how to change the gearbox or will I just have to figure it out as I go along?

Would you rate the Black diamond clutch?

Don't know about the black diamond clutch, but you would be best to get a manual, I figured it out mysely as I did an engine change a couple of years ago and I have done plenty of driveshaft repairs in the past, you might find the Lindsey Porter Manual that covers all Golf Polo Vento Jetta Corrado Scirocco helpful I got mine from Halfords and it cost about £13 ish, there is a chapter titled VR6 Engines Transmission removal, installation, just be methodical label things lay everthing out neatly or put things in plastic bags to keep them free from grit (driveshaft hubs etc) draw diagrams, just looking at the manual over the page is a section on clutch fitting so I would recommend it, at least it will give you an idea of what to expect, hope this helps

Wicked!

I will get one ordered up, I have a few mates that work in halfords so should even be able to get a discount.

I will do the engine mounts at the same time I think, I bet that gear box is one heavy mother.......

yeah pretty heavy but just bloody awkward to get out, there isn't a lot of room to spare, as I said it took me as while I had the gearbox off the engine but took a while to get it out of the car, but I was on my own, once I had done it I felt well chuffed :p