Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

bmc cda

i'm looking to replace the flexible hosing on the induction kit, anyone have any ideas what would be best to use and where to get it from ?

cheers

paul :help:

Well, funny that as I got into a little conversation with Vince about that particular hose.

He said it makes bugger all difference, even when poking out of the car in direct line of fire to the Dyno fan. So if it's torn, just remove it altogether.

Not knocking what Vince is saying but the figures he is seeing on the Dyno are not a true and 100% accurate simulation of whats happening with the cold dense ram air on the road. The fans that are used aint exactly the closest thing to a wind tunnel ive ever seen!

When you remove the air pipe the BMC get significantly louder (bit too loud for my liking). I've just attached a small section of pipe that goes up behind the headlight, which seems to work well.

That pipe is used to direct cold ambient air into the filter. If the cda is just opening into the engine bay then it will draw air from the engine bay which is warmer.

i've got the pipe taken to the headlight for the cold air intake, its just theres a couple of small splits and i thought i'd tidyit up with some new ducting

When you remove the air pipe the BMC get significantly louder (bit too loud for my liking). I've just attached a small section of pipe that goes up behind the headlight, which seems to work well.

Hmmm might give that a go :D , but as said the air sucked in is gonna be warmer then if the hose is stickin out somewhere.