g60pops

G60 HT Leads

For standard good quality HT leads i have found the genuine dealer items to be very good. I hasten to add however, do not buy the Quantum alternatives that dealer can supply as these are very poor. If you are looking at uprated aftermarket leads buyer beware! There is a myriad of HT lead manufacturers out there alot of which are total rubbish, look great but are crap all the same. I chuck so many of these sets in the bin on a regulatr basis, that are the cause of misfiring and engine running faults. The only upgraded aftermarket HT leads that i have found to be worthy of their claims and 100% reliable in use are Nology Hotwires. Despite the fact that they are expensive i would still say that they offer good VFM, and are a genuine upgrade offering long life and reliability. Whichever items you choose be sure that they have the proper shielded OE terminals for the plugs and cap termination. Make sure that they can be vouched for by another owner that has had them installed for at least two years without any trouble whatsoever. One anoying fault with poorly manufactured leads is the ends parting from the terminals when the lead is removed for servicing, despite using plug lead tool. Good luck.

I was going to say - the dealers only sell Quantum these days... either get Bosch from Halfords (they don't sell the G60 specific ones but ones for a mk2 8v GTi fit fine or for not much more cash get the Blue Igniters from C&R - Lifetime warranty

I was going to say - the dealers only sell Quantum these days... either get Bosch from Halfords (they don't sell the G60 specific ones but ones for a mk2 8v GTi fit fine or for not much more cash get the Blue Igniters from C&R - Lifetime warranty

So do mark2 golf gti ones fit then, on a G60?

Bahn Brenner do some really nice red coloured leads which use the genuine OEM Beru connectors, so I can't imagine there would be any quality issues there. $69.99 which works out about £35 thanks to the weak dollar :)

I've got some Luminition leads from Demon Tweaks. Had them about a year and a half without any problems with them. Thought they would be a good buy because Luminition make complete aftermarket ignition systems.

anyone used the magncour leads? my friend has some on his valver and they seem very good quality,,

I have these fitted and no problems one year on