Sign in to follow this  
gibber

VR6 Supercharger problems SPARK PLUG help NOW needed!

I tried a few different plugs in my 16V Turbo and eventually found Audi S3 ones to be most suitable. I reckon they'd work well in the VR too..

I think they would be the same as the 1.8T plugs, which are one stage cooler.

IMO I burned the stock plugs out in 2000 miles so they are well out, the gap on them is nearly 2mm wen I measured them the other day.

I have gone for 2 stages colder, and the denso are ment to be a realy good plug, well I will just suck it and see, and tell you all how I get on.

Oettinger SLC now where was you when we starded this tread :lol:

did you notice any improvement when you fitted them?

Oettinger SLC now where was you when we starded this tread :lol:

did you notice any improvement when you fitted them?

I don't think there was a power difference...but it seemed like the car idled better and the acceleration was smoother. My idle sucks now because I have all three of the VF engine mounts.

I do recommend these plugs, I had them in my 1.8t and now my SC'd VR6...no problems.

For non forced induction cars part number is IK20 for VR6.

IW20 for G60.

Hope you get it sorted. I watched as you pulled away from the NEC when we met the other week for the seats. Even with the problem your C sounded well nice.

Got it sorted yestaday, fitted the Denso IK 22.

The car is a bit harder to start, takes a couple of turns, and it is a bit flat until its warmed up. :|

Question is does the car run any better, well I had to get towed home last nite, that was after the CV joint blew up dragging away from a set of lites, oh golly gosh, the car set off like a scalded cat in first, quick change to second, and BANG, the engine is no long connected to the wheels, not bad for a 3000 mile old joint :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Most plugs work, I just need some that will last, I think I made the right choice.

The denso's are iridium with only a 0.4 mm dia electrode :shock:

not bad for a 3000 mile old joint :lol: :twisted: :lol:

LOL... I think your should write to Santa and ask for some nice nitrided EM19 CV cages for christmas :lol:

Doctor Vincent Saiya of Stealthy Racing should be able to furnish you with some of those.... he used them on their VR6 turbo project (over 400lbs of torque!). As that was some time ago, I'm not sure if they are still available, but he'll know an alternative if not though!

Thanks Kev, I will throw a OEM one on for the time being, and break that when the new one comes.

You know you have made an improvemnet to your car when the transmision breaks :twisted:

Looks like I got to play nice again tho for the time being :(

No fun at all if it's your only method of transport and you bust it on the way to work!

Leave that sort of behaviour to the chavs....