Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

New car!!

Lo all,

Finally bought myself a G60. J Reg, Red with 118K on the clock. Ex-write off (doesnt bother me, rear ended and only partial damage but has been repaired) and has no service history. £1700 :)

Just a few niggles though that are bothering me.

The sunroof obviously hasnt been used in a while and some muppet went and raised it and now it wont go down properly on the passenger side. It goes down far enough to keep water out (i hope) but doesnt shut all the way! Any ideas what the problem may be and how much will it cost to replace as the rubber around it is looking might knackered!!

2nd problem is that someones broken the lever to move the drivers seat forward. Its sitting on the back seat. Can this be repaired or will it mean a new seat??

Its got to be repaired (rusty brake hose and welding behind radiator) to pass the MOT and needs some TLC but it has lots of potential.

Wiill get Jabba Sport to do the the charger asap for peace of mind and all hoses being replaced. Lowering i, new alloys and brake disks/pads.

Anything else that i should be aware of??

general consensus on here seems to be steer well clear of jabba not got a very good reputation by all accounts :wink:

g-werks on the other hand have an excellent reputation and the lads that work there are all forum members and also offer a discount to forum members 8)

Sunroof sounds like a broken cable.

You'll also need the repair kit for the "water guide plate" on that side as it's what caused the cable to break.

Total cost in bits is ~£70.

Sounds rather complicated :(

Is the a maintenance book such as haynes out for the Corrado?

PS. Any chance someone can send me a pic of a g60 engine/bay so i can compare to the one im buying as im sure theres a cover missing off a part!

mailto:[email protected]

Any chance someone can send me a pic of a g60 engine/bay so i can compare to the one im buying as im sure theres a cover missing off a part!

Not sure whether this is of any use to you, as it's from my LHD US-spec G60 engine bay (only some bits are in slightly different place :lol: ).

pic thumbnailed-vr6storm

Re: Charger: Yup, would agree, send it down to G-Werks, or better even, visit them. I was there for 8 hours, but somehow time flew by :D

Tempest