Sign in to follow this  
hayzo

exhaust? How much

Just taken my 1.8 16v for an MOT and been told it needs the full exhaust replacing.

Just wondered what my options are, been told I could get a non genuine one for £250 but is it worth it and what's a reasonable price for an VAG one.

Or are there any other options.

I had my full system replaced with a custom made stainless steel one. They replaced the lot from the downpipe back (including a small box where the cat should be!) for just shy of £400. That's got a lifetime guarentee on it, sounds brilliant, and looks awesome... 8)

Have a word with VAG though, I seem to remember from when I had my 16v that their exhaust prices aren't as silly as you may think and you know that the quality will be spot on...

if your planning on keeping the car you would be better off getting a stainless system

Any ideas about what would be a good system to go for and what the cost might be.

Also whats a standard price for a VAG system, don't want to get screwed by the garage if I go for that.

I read that the milltek system is a CAT back exhaust, as my 1.8 16v doesn't have a cat does this mean it connects to the front box/section of the exhaust (where the cat goes on latter models) or directly on to the mainfold header pipe?

need to know before I by it because my er... front box is shot.

The Milltek will connect to your front box. You'll probably have to include the cost

of a VAG or similar front box to your system. I had a Milltek on my last Corrado

and they're very good. It's proably 4 years old now and still going strong. Fittment

is very good too. I had to replace my front box at the same time to BTW, it was also

shot.