Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

snapped lugs

The 2 lugs on top of my passenger side headlight that the fixing screws go through have snapped.Ive bunged loads of gluefrom a hot melt gun at the moment as a temporary fix but it doesnt look too pretty.Any advice on a better way to fix this problem as i dont want to go down the road of buying a new light for nearly a hundred quid if i can fix it.Thought about plastic welding??Anyone know anywhere in the north east that does this kind of work?

i`ve got a spare set with broken lugs too... reckon it`s too small an area to weld.... dunno.,..... as you said, superglue??????

On my first Corrado I made up some thin aluminium repair plates with the holes in the correct places and then JB Weld'd them onto the case and the broken bit to add in some strength... worked well until my new headlamps arrived anyway... 8)

(JB weld is an American 2 part metal glue you can buy from Halfords and is fecking strong stuff!)

jb weld is eterno gum, i can vouch for that.

my passenger side headlight is damaged in the same way. and it's "wobbly bob"

i will attempt the jb / ali plate idea

Fookin hell i just came out of halfords and i had a packet of that stuff in my hand but i put it back cos i wasnt sure if it would work or not :mad:

it's mental stuff... Go get some! ;) I've seen people repair cylinder heads with it! :crazyeyes: 8)