Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

288 discs

Can anyone confirm which discs are needed for this setup to go on a C VR6? I've got the 288 calipers, carriers & pads but there are 3 or 4 different part numbers for 288 5x100 discs!

I'm guessing the late Golf MK3 ones but not 100% sure.....??

Kev, you will also need new hoses. I've got 3A0 615 301A. arriving in a week. I am hoping they are the right ones. :-P

Storm, cheers mate but Vince will be using Goodridge ones :lol: I have the original VW ones if you want them though? If not, the ones you've ordered should be have a banjo joint on one end and normal olive type joint at the other, if they do, they're right :lol:

Joe, thanks for the confirmation. I was going to go with 312s but I can't afford the 4Motion carriers at the moment, £94+VAT each! And I want to see what the 288s are like first, before upping the disc size to 312. Stealth have confirmed the 312s go under 16s and 17s OK, but on some 16s a lug or two may need shaving off on the caliper.

Nah they're in the bin, LOL!

I just wanted to start over with fresh discs and pads mate, no offense.

Nelson has just ordered me a pair of 288s from VW and the cost is just over £50.

Storm, cheers mate but Vince will be using Goodridge ones :lol: I have the original VW ones if you want them though? If not, the ones you've ordered should be have a banjo joint on one end and normal olive type joint at the other, if they do, they're right :lol:

Funny you should mention that I've just had a right old laugh this morning with C and R on Goodridge hoses. They sent a 6 line set for the Corrado + the Mk2-4 conversion hoses.

Mk2-4 are correct for my rear conversion but the 6 line set is wrong.

Is vince using the late Golf VR6 set on yours?.

Jedi, of course mate :wink:

Storm, Vince just orders the hoses you need as you can buy them in pairs, or a complete set. Mine has already been done with a 6 line set (inc rear MK2-MK4) so I just need to change the fronts to MK2-MK4 aswell to suit the MK4 calipers....but yeah, I think he's using late MK3 lines.