Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

201mph

Hmmmm. Not in this country. Mind you on a very quiet/very early M1 Many years ago, Took the old Vr6 to 145. Loads of life left in her and felt very poised. It was derestricted and had her up to 175 flat out up the road in silverstone. but 201 on public roads? I dont think so.

Hmmmm. Not in this country. Mind you on a very quiet/very early M1 Many years ago, Took the old Vr6 to 145. Loads of life left in her and felt very poised. It was derestricted and had her up to 175 flat out up the road in silverstone. but 201 on public roads? I dont think so.

but how can a road angel lie ?? gps isn't it... i have heard it was in a M5 too ..

BMW driver. nuf said :roll: food for thought! road angle is only a box of on of switches and resisters ect. M5 could be a 518i with a badge and twin port exaust. sticker on the screen. best stop there :D

our company fit gps tracking and monitoring devices, and we have had a couple of trace reports showing transit vans doing 155mph down a cul-de-sac in liverpool, so yes it is possible for gps to show false data especially during millitary action.

unless ford have started fitting jet engines into transits :lol:

have you checked that you still have all 4 wheels on your car :wink:

well at 201mph not even the gang standing by lydl (the old asda site??) had a chance. :mad:

Jesus.. 201MPH.

If they caught you doing that, a loss of license or a fine would be the least of your worries. You'd be going to jail.

Great on a track, but if that was on a public road thats pretty shocking.

Jesus.. 201MPH.

If they caught you doing that, a loss of license or a fine would be the least of your worries. You'd be going to jail.

Great on a track, but if that was on a public road thats pretty shocking.

totally agree with you there jim... it just had to be a bmw driver didnt it.. i bet he wasn't indicating either. :lol:

Er.. well if its doing 201MPH, i'd say its a fair bet that its not a rebadged 520i ;)

:mrgreen: lol jim u nutter...i think i wrote that totallly wrong...

what i meant was,,, is it modded and how much...dont think a std M5 could do 201mph

I doubt very much its a true 201mph.

I was sat waiting at the train station picking up the Mrs and my 'New' Road Angel went wandering off. I was doing 45mph at one point, whilst parked!!

I'm sure its an oppurtune photo taken during a GPS glitch ;) Happens when its not quite locked on completely.

Indicator on the far-right of the Road Angel's screen proves my point - it has no signal.

It's a fake, ladies :p

another piccy.... andi's spot on, RA had a spastic moment.

Oh and it is a M5, they will do 186mph as stock, the new M5 will do 202mph. So one day i could be posting a true 201mph 8)

post-5-1104182462.jpg