Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Front Anti Roll Bar help

Hello all, hope everyone had a Good xmas, nice new blue look to the forum since my last visit :)

After a bit of spirited/rally style driveing along some roads that really should not be called roads ive managed to brake it. Should have stuck to the bypass.

Anyway my poor quality description is the passenger side front wheel makes either a creaking or banging sound when it hits a hole or especially when turning to the left hard. Sounds like somethins bout to fall off.

I'm hopeing leavein my car for an hour or two will fix it but imagine it wont, any suggestions what this could be??? The suspension and springs are only 5 months old and done less then 4000 miles.

Cheers/

I wonder if your spirited driving dislodged the spring out of the top plate a bit? Is it a rotational noise? Have you tried jacking it up and seeing / hearing what happens when you spin the wheel? Grab the wheel as well and and try and lift up and down to check for play.

Cheers kev, After a closer look, seems my anti roll bar has snapped and the broken end is hittin the hub.

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement ?

Cheers kev, its right near one end like where it connects/ does that make sense if lookin at my pics.

Do i not need a new ARB then? Is this drop link a VAG only part.

Yeah crazymarcel, I tend to agree with kevhaywire. Not sure about the price tho', links for my 16v cost £26.71 + vat but reckon we're lookin at a vr here so bound to cost more lol. I'll have a shufti under mine tomorrow, but looks like the link from the pix.

Yep it's the drop link that's snapped, quite common on the VR as they're made of alloy. And yes they are definitely £70 each from VW as I enquired in November. The 16V/G60 DLs are much cheaper and totally different.

The DL bolts onto the end of the ARB, it's only about 30 mins work, if that.

I've recently changed my drop links and they are cheap as chips from GSF £12.50 each Part number 42274H

Nice one, didn't know GSF did them and that's a lot less than the silly dealer price!