Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

bad cold starting running on 3 when cold??

i thought my ht leads were shot as my car runs on three when cold for about a minute and also takes a while to fire up when its hot its on the button. ive done the fuel filter the rotor arm dizzy cap and the leads. im thinking maybe the injectors as it occaisionally has flat spots when accelerating hard but these soon clear up maybe i have some crap in my injectors? any ideas or other things to check cheers in advance :wink:

Leaking inlet manifold gasket ??

The last 3 G60's that I've seen have had loose inlet maniolds - they're mounted by 6 allen screws.

Vacuum leak - check condition of vacuum hoses, including the one from the throttle body to the ECU (must be exactly 1m long).

May be the first little inclination that your headgasket is starting to fail. Moisture gets into the bore causing poor ignition initaily. Worst case synario..

cheers steve ill check that. beavis should i do a compression test would that highlight a soon to be dead headgasket? hope its a simple thing! do you reckon the injectors is a bit f a longshot?

Compression test will give a indication, the best test is a fluid test. A fluid tests for gases passing from the block via the head gasket into the coolant system.

no sign of any leaks in the vacum hoses i might replace them anyway. im still thinking injectors as it also seems to be using more petrol too had this on my mk 1 where an injector was dribbling into the cylinder so flooding that cylinder until it had burnt off any comments?

its injector seals or the battery. my car did the same thing. I fixed both and it fixed the problem. also check your AFR it could be off and your car could be detonating