Sign in to follow this  
markmcie

G60 poor MPG

Lately my G60 has become very heavy on fuel. I used to manage 200 miles from a full tank (mine is the smaller tank - 40 litre I think). It has 68mm pully fitted stage 4 charger and chip. The car goes like stink and performance feels great.

But over the last month Im only seeing about 120 -130 miles to a tank. I can get 26 - 27 mpg when cruising but when stopped in traffic the reading drops and Im left looking at 17 mpg which is a bit strange.

Now the idle dosent like to drop down to normal when pulling up at lights or changing gears. The revs will drop down fine and then when it gets to 2k rpm it drops slower and idles just over 1k. It might be related to the MPG but the fuel consumption has being bad long before the idle issue.

I think Ill book it in to get checked on a rolling road and get some BHp and torque figures as well. Is there anything I can check myself before hand. how do I open and close the ISV valve to clean with carb cleaner ? All vacum hoses appear intacted.

Any advise would be great 8)

Now the idle dosent like to drop down to normal when pulling up at lights or changing gears. The revs will drop down fine and then when it gets to 2k rpm it drops slower and idles just over 1k. It might be related to the MPG but the fuel consumption has being bad long before the idle issue.

This sounds like the tickover screw has wound itself out or the throttle not closing properly. Maybe the cable is too tight preventing the microswitch from telling the ECU its closed.

High consumrtion could be the blue temp sender or lambda probe too, as I posted earlier in the thread. A split vac hose usually shows up as poor running in general.

Gavin