Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

serious loss of coolant

Just been out to the car and noticed it was a bit wet on the ground round the front of the car..bit suspicious seein as it hasnt rained all day..so opened bonnet, sure enough my tank was almost empty with just a little bit in the bottom. Ive checked all the pipes as well as i could running my fingers along them to check for leaks...nothing there, looked underneath and you can see it dripping on to the floor from the middle and the right hand side of the engine at the front...where the hell has it come from?

ive used the the search and theres nothing really thats the same as this, so any ideas would help.

Do you mean pass side by 'right'? I'd favour the temp sensor housing seal, or the transfer pipe (runs accross front of engint to just behind the alternator) and has outlets to the oil cooler - could be anywhere along there. Try topping her up and running the engine & see if you can spot the leak.. Sounds pretty major so should be pretty obvious - with luck

thanks for your advice and ideas guys...ive had a look around and i think it could well be in more than one point that its leaking..so i think the best thing for me to do is get it to a garage, cos i havent got the space or the time to be doin it myself...sure it will be more expensive but unfortunately i have no choice :(

Know what you mean Graham. Tell us what they find - might help someone else later

right ive had yet another look around and its definately the thermo housing thats leaking, so im gonna change it myself & whilst im there ill put a new thermostat in cos sods law as soon as its all up and running with no leaks (hopefully) it'll go. The question is should i get a low temp one and what is the part number?? just to save any grief trying to get it at the stealers