Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

RaceLand Coilovers?

Anybody got any RacLand coilovers? There SO cheap I may have to get some. I wouldn't expect them to be as good as any well known make. But for £278 compared to £800 they have to be worth trying out!

i heard thru the grapevine at inters that they were utter crap and that one C-owner went thru 2 or 3 sets before getting his money back.........is it really worth all that hassle when you could get FK coil-overs for under £600 and the Koni's for under £700

Come on Rodders show us a photo of your Storm all lowered too . I know you want

someone to ask ya ! :wink:

And i've heard that some people are satisfied with the Racelands but watch out for

cheap stuff in general. Always buy the best you can afford.

i think its really a case of you get what you pay for !! come on cai stop buying wheels and buy yourself a nice set of konis of fk's mate you car is to nice to ruin the ride by fitting cheap parts :lol:

2p in ka ching !!

8vg60, Darren I know I keep on buying stuff I don't need! I want coilovers but they'll have to wait till the rims are sorted. I think Henny's got some SuperSport coilovers which are only £400 which he's pritty happy with.

What they like Henny? (you online?)

8vg60, Darren I know I keep on buying stuff I don't need! I want coilovers but they'll have to wait till the rims are sorted. I think Henny's got some SuperSport coilovers which are only £400 which he's pritty happy with.

What they like Henny? (you online?)

Present and correct! Just writing a small essay to try and help a fellow C driver in another section... :wink:

Yeah, I've got a supersprint kit on my C... It's lovely... :D

I had a cheap set of springs with Bilstein shocks on the car from Euro when I got it, and it bounced around all over the show... Now I've got the coilovers on, it's totally transformed the car... It handles beautifully and the ride is pretty good too... I don't have to swerve all over the show to avoid EVERY pot hole or grid like I did with the old crap... 8)

I'd reccommend them anyway...

Cheers Henny, I've read that essay of advice on the messed up G60, sounds good to me.

How much was that supersport kit? There's two different finishes you can go for as well, carnt remember what. But which did you go for?

Cheers Henny, I've read that essay of advice on the messed up G60, sounds good to me.

How much was that supersport kit? There's two different finishes you can go for as well, carnt remember what. But which did you go for?

I could tell you, but I'd get killed by the guy at Venom who did it at the price for my mate... :wink: I think he retails them for about £400 or so + P&P + VAT... I don't know about finishes, I've got red springs and the shocks are a golden colour... :?

Oh, and glad the essay made sense... It wasn't supposed to be that long! :shock: :roll: :lol:

Henny, The essay was sorted. Even I understood most of it! :? :)

There around £400 at Venom. I think he's given you the set which has the better finish, which are a bit more.

Anybody else herd anything about these supersport coilovers?

Come on Rodders show us a photo of your Storm all lowered too . I know you want

someone to ask ya ! :wink:

And i've heard that some people are satisfied with the Racelands but watch out for

cheap stuff in general. Always buy the best you can afford.

hopefully get some pics up before the weekend.........but i aint a tractor driver now :o ......the comfort mobile is low

the comfort mobile

????? You've not stolen my Lecy Recaros when i wasnt looking have you ??? :lol:

the comfort mobile

????? You've not stolen my Lecy Recaros when i wasnt looking have you ??? :lol:

its ok............i've left you some beige seats in their place :wink:

i heard thru the grapevine at inters that they were utter crap and that one C-owner went thru 2 or 3 sets before getting his money back.........is it really worth all that hassle when you could get FK coil-overs for under £600 and the Koni's for under £700

Calling me the "Grapevine" now eh?

Interesting....

I've already posted this here http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1837

Heres a pic of the Guys car in question. He's a nice guy that wanted to get his dents removed at inters and talked to me about it (i was their first customer- they were ace). It definatly looks like he gives it some tho! :p

Sorry Darren, Hope you dont mind i 'Borrowed' your pic :D

i fitted a se of the raceland coil overs to my missus's golf 16v mk2 at christmas and they are superb. no harshness and the handling is spot on so will be getting a set for my c as well happy. the way the golf handles on them is one reason i changed from ford to VW. i'd say buy them

i have supersport coilovers too. got um from Venom. Got the same ones the std ones with gold bodiues n red springs.

They seem ok. Im happy with um. not sure they would be up to koni but like darren said you get what you pay for.

I done around 20k on mine now. get the odd bounce up front but think thats maily due to our asssssssss roads up here.

by the way with a 7.5 x 17 et 35 you need a 5mm spacer for the rear to get um on at a ride hight less than tractor

These supersport coilovers from venom look pritty good. They'll go right down to -120mm if I ever felt the need and there german made with TUV certificate. Anything thats TUV approved has to be of good quality.

hi guys was wondering if these kits are damping adjustable as well as hight,also where is best place to buy uprated rear wishbone bushes from as mine are shot causing much torque steer -bump steer any help would be superb

i fitted a se of the raceland coil overs to my missus's golf 16v mk2 at christmas and they are superb

Like i say, i've heard good things about the handling/ride, by a few, and the guy said they were ok. He just seemed to have a car that had been to hell and back!!! :shock: :lol:

Depends i suppose on what you want out of them, and i suppose what your going to do with them. It would be good if you knew someone with them and could test it aswel, but when is that always possible?

The way i looked at it was, "its GOT to be better than the standard stuff, especially since it was over 1K miles worth!"

hi guys was wondering if these kits are damping adjustable as well as hight,also where is best place to buy uprated rear wishbone bushes from as mine are shot causing much torque steer -bump steer any help would be superb

dunno about the raceland ones, but the supersprint ones are not damping adjustable...

Dunno about uprated wishbone bushes... I used to get stuff like that from C&R enterprises in Nottingham... Always seemed reasonable to me...