vr6storm

my near "perfect storm" (vr6storm)

well after almost 2years of ownership my storm is getting near to being perfect(well to what i want)

so far i've added

black VW roundels

K&N panel filter in modded airbox

AtE power groove discs(cheap as chips and look dearer too)

Milltek cat-back S/S system

AmD re-chip

Koni coil-over suspension

re-furbed alloys

well here's some pics of my storm no longer looking like it has 4x4 suspension

here is some more pics

and i would like to thank glen(aka ess_three) for all his efforts he has put into making my Corrado take shape

I'm fast becoming one of the last 4x4 Corrado owners :|

I have to buy coilovers, all the others will laugh at me and call me names :(

Looking very nice Roddy!!

That looks great roddy!! can u get over any speed bumps?! :lol:

Just!!!!..........have to take them at weird angles or else the cat heatshield scrapes :oops: :roll:

I kerbed one of my alloys today :oops: no damage though. Are you guys still up for Kames and is Skid taking his motor? 8)

I kerbed one of my alloys today :oops: no damage though. Are you guys still up for Kames and is Skid taking his motor? 8)

OUCH!! :shock: .....know the feeling quine :cry: .....i did mine a few weeks back......glad to hear you've no damage :D

and yes skid should have his minter ready for kames.......still in 2minds whether to let him chauffeur me :wink: or take the nice'n'low storm down too :?

One immaculate motor Roddy.. really is a superb example. But maybe because I am so used to 'ordinary' cars now but damn your car looks exceptionally low..

Yeh i am hoping to have the car ready for the run...looking forward to it.

Will have to learn how to drive again before then as it`s been that long since ive sat behind the wheel. :cry:

If my efforts on COLIN MCRAE rally are anything to go by, :shock: roddy had better take his car.

The more the merrier. 8) :D

motor looking good Roddy :wink:

Looks great Roddy, as low as mine at the back but I think my front looks higher? How does it drive now?

Looks great Roddy, as low as mine at the back but I think my front looks higher? How does it drive now?

cheers joe.............at the moment its a bit weird to drive as the geometry has still to be done......but its getting done at star the morn

Anyone up for meeting myself and joe m at the service station on the M74 on the way to Kames? We had a 2 car convoy (not really a convoy then) on the way to biggar and there is talk of another local joining us for the drive over. I know you guys are coming all the way from the 'deen but if you gave us an eta we could all possibly meet up. Just a thought!

Anyone up for meeting myself and joe m at the service station on the M74 on the way to Kames? We had a 2 car convoy (not really a convoy then) on the way to biggar and there is talk of another local joining us for the drive over. I know you guys are coming all the way from the 'deen but if you gave us an eta we could all possibly meet up. Just a thought!

sounds like a plan biggrim......don't know our setting off times yet.......will the week before be enough time to let you know

forgot to say nice looking car aswell. Saw it at biggar and thought it was sweet. Will be much better now it's lowered. I envy your clean looking storm interior... my seats are rubbish looking but I'm gonna try and clean them up. Keep either myself of joe posted about meeting up.

So how much has the ride height dropped on the Konis, Roddy?

to be honest....i don't know.....didn't measure it before.....d'oh.....anyway from the bottom of the wheelarches to the top of the wheel-lip(not the tyre) its 100mm all round

Take the nice'n'low storm down to kames. I should have my car ready by then.

Can someone tell me what date the meet is ? :?

Take the nice'n'low storm down to kames. I should have my car ready by then.

Can someone tell me what date the meet is ? :?

sunday 29th june......you going to be home by then??

to be honest....i don't know.....didn't measure it before.....d'oh.....anyway from the bottom of the wheelarches to the top of the wheel-lip(not the tyre) its 100mm all round

Just been out to measure mine :: 165mm all round from bottom of the wheelarch to the top of the wheel-lip :: -65mm!!! that's a serious drop!!!

Just been out to measure mine :: 165mm all round from bottom of the wheelarch to the top of the wheel-lip :: -65mm!!! that's a serious drop!!!

:roll: You're supposed to measure to the wheel CENTRE! the wheel lip distance will vary with different wheel sizes!

If I've got 15" wheels on, and then put 17" wheels on, my car will be no lower, but the distance from the arch to the wheel rim will be smaller 'cos the tyre profile will be smaller and the wheel larger! The distance to the wheel CENTRE will not have changed though... :D