Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

furling for turbo corrado

hi there ive got i turbo technics corrado had it fully rebuilt including head, Gas folwd p&p bored to a 1900. The turbo runs at 0.45 and 0.60 bar but it suposadly can only run this because the fuling system can only fuel it up that. it rund the standard 1.816v fuel system but has a 5th injector in the throttel body. I have been told that there is a cold start injector on these engines would it be possible to map this injector if so how. if not does anybody have any ideas what else i can do cheers

To get the most out of this engine you should give Vince a call at Stealth Racing and see if he's got any custom fuel rails left. The Turbo Technics kits he used were modified with an an extra rail of VR6 injectors and K star (with a map sensor). That's what mine used and it was a much better engine for it. A lot smoother and more powerful than if just using the standard 5th injector.

vince is the man to talk to alright, with the 8 injectors those engines are savage.

i would keep an eye out for k star on ebay, it is no longer made so a second hand unit is the way to go, either that or throw a wanted add up on all the mk2/corrado/vw forums, someone has to have a setup just lying about.

You would be much better off to use that setup than to just run an extra injector, my mate made between 230-250bhp with that setup in his 2.1 16v mk2

Bin the K-JEt and got a real electronic fuel injection system in there

Stick an ABF 2.0 16v manifold and fuel rail on it and buy a proper standalone management system like DTA or Emerald for example.

You do NOT want that baby running lean....

My mate has a mk1 with a 16v turbo in it, it puts out 342bhp......they can be very effective engines when setup right.