Sign in to follow this  
reeceg

Running problem

I have a 94 16v corrado the other day when i was in traffic went to pull away and nothing, wouldnt revv up. Was idling and when put acc pedal to the floor just splutter but didnt cut out. Took 2-3 mins to clear itself then ok. Has happened twice now. Have had vw look at it but they can not get fault to happen again. Has anyone have or know anything simular about this problem. Thanks

sounds like my problem,,, i have had a dodgey fuel mix - she was running lean so got that sorted but still had the probs ,,,, like when i tried to pull away at the rounderbout and it just spluters - pops abit --- then i pumped the pedel and she jumped forward into normal driving... verry strange.

just came back from supermarket and on the way home it hapened abit more and then a bit more untill she wouldnt pick up in anny gear ,,, got her home to find the exaust manifold glowing -ouch.

i have now taken out the cambelt cover and the belt is verry loose andhas sliped a tooth:( ... mans going to look at it and c if there is anny more dammage :( :( lets hope not ,,,, aparently i was loosing power because of a timing problem ,,,, im no expert this is just what i was told buy the guys on here. might not be the same prob for you - may just sound the same .n good luck man :onfire: