Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Bonnet release cable

I know the cable snapping has been covered many times before but I think the problem with mine is a bit different.

Where the cable outer attaches to the side of the car the clip has snapped, meaning when I pull the lever the whole thing moves. I can get under the bonnet just now using mole grips but ill need to get it sorted soon. Problem is, I cant see how the clip can be replaced, the remains seem pretty securely attached to the bracket.

Anyone know what I need to replace?

Also, wheres cheapest for a radiator, mines got a leak.

Cheers

hard to describe but did something similar. I bent a bit of the metal bracket back and drilled a hole in it. been fine now for 6 months.

yeah, ive been thinking I could do something like that now ive thought about it. Never occured to me earlier as I was more concerned with how I was going to get water in the rad. :scratch:

Could anyone with an ETKA check that part 25 on this pic is the same on a RHD C, part number ive got is 535 823 567

VAG01F39.gif

You just have to replace the clip by removing the sleeving and pulling the cable through the hole in the bulkhead.

Think eurocarparts sells vr6 radiators for about £80.