Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Dension DH100ix

well, at least the guys I got the drive from (http://www.scan.co.uk) are great at their aftersales too... got my nice new shiney 80GB drive this lunchtime with no quibbles or problems... Let's see how long this one lasts... ;)

Now to put all the music back onto the thing... glad I have a mirrored copy on my home PC... 8)

dr_mat, I have one portable copy in the car, one in my home PC/jukebox and a copy on a shed load of DVDs which are stored at my parents house (including all of my photos and the like) just in case the worst ever happens...

I'm not paranoid, I just don't like taking chances with things that are VERY difficult to replace... :)

Henny how does this Dension work? I was toying with the idea of getting one but now I can't find anywhere that stocks them. Do you just buy the head unit, then a separate hard disk to use with it? And what hard disk do they use?

Jimjam, there's one on Ebay at the moment... ;)

They use a 2.5" (laptop) harddrive formatted with Fat32. The head unit comes with a cartridge which you put the HDD into (which is also a stand alone player) which slips in behind the face like a tape would. They can use any IDE laptop size hard drive... 8)

Check out http://www.dension.com for details and stockists... 8)

Just be glad you didn't have a Fujitsu HDD :) No end of them failed on us after 15 or so months.... Great for the data recovery people though ;-)

There's a guy selling these for £174 (buy it now) + £10 P&P on ebay at the moment... Do a search for DENSION and you'll find 'em... 8)