Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

flat battery

right my battery keeps going flat after the car has been stood for a couple of days,had the battery checked thats ok,the boot light is off,gone through all the fuses and the only one with power is the radio one (22),checked the earth leads they all seem fine so i'm a bit stuck now so any help is much appreciated.

cheers andy

Only had my car a short while but ive found that my fan seems to be stuck on. I charged the battery yesterday and put it on this morning and the fan kicked right in :( Check to see if yours is doing the same.

Im afraid i havent got a solution to it yet though :(

Only other thing i can think of is that maybe a wire has become exposed somewhere and is creating another earth!

How long since you last changed the battery?

right my battery keeps going flat after the car has been stood for a couple of days,had the battery checked thats ok,the boot light is off,gone through all the fuses and the only one with power is the radio one (22),checked the earth leads they all seem fine so i'm a bit stuck now so any help is much appreciated.

cheers andy

Hi

I had this recently and it was due to a dodgy earth lead connector which is good as they only cost 6p each :D

deffenatly not the fan so it must be a dodgy earth,so is there an easy way to check these or is it just a case of going round and checking them all.

This really wont help you. However Ive left the head lights on so many time that the jump leads ride up front.

Also my mate has a MGBDT which is like driven once a week. Anyway he bought this solar panel which charges the battery> I think maplins sells the kit

Hi

I had a problem like this with mine and it turned out my passanger heated mirror was on constantly!!

It did take a bit longer than two days to go flat but this might be because the driver side heated mirror has never worked?

I pulled the fuse so not sure what caused it, prob a short somewhere :roll:

right i think i've narrowed it down to the radio loom and the window regulater,the car is pulling 200ma when stood with everything off which is way to much it should be more like 50ma at the most,when i pull the fuse for the radio it drops to 120ma and when i pull the fuse for the window regulater it drops to 20ma,now i said its the radio loom because it is pulling 80ma without the radio pluged in,checked for good earths and they seem to be fine and every thing works fine so i'm a bit stuck now??

I have heard of the window regulator circuit pulling highish currents before, can't remember what the outcome was, so have a dig in the search.

Radio shouldn't pull anything more than a trickle when it's off, too tho!!

If you're losing 200mA, on a fully charged battery you should get 10-12days before it's completely dead.