Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

turbo technics corrado

hi all been on a few times now about this subject i bought a turbo 1.8 16v raddo that had expierd sent it to stealth who fully rebuilt the engine boreing it to a 1.9 rebuilding the head and gas flowing and P&P recon the turbo and gearbox adding a limited slip diff that sent it for a respray. Now basically i need i different fuel setup the 16v turbo corrado uses the standard fuel system and a 5th injector. Vince at stealth has got specially made fuel rail for my car but having already spent over 10k on the car im running low on cash and this method is a very expensive one. I need something that is reasonable cheap to buy that i can put on myself then just send it to stealth to get map'd. ive heard something about using the G60 system anybody now how to do this or go any other ideas. cheers

yeah get a g60 setup, you will probably need the fuel pump, then you will also need the ecu and loom and still will need to get a fuel rail made up.

for the inlet manifold you need the sleves from the digifant engine to sit in place of the inserts for the mechanical injectors(they are about €2 each so about £1) So the first thing you need is the ecu and engine loom for a g60

It will work like a mk3 16v, you could always use a mk3 16v inlet manifold and fuel rail if you dont have the 8 injector setup and then just use a g60 ecu and loom

cheapest way for the fuel rail is to buy an inlet manifold and fuel rail off a mk3 golf 16v(abf engine code) prob £100 ish tops from a breakers.

ecu and loom about £200, all in for parts 300 and then fit them, then get it mapped too.

the cheapest way in my opinion

well vince is the man for the mapping, have no real idea, but a g60 ecu is relativly easy to setup on the rr.

i would anticipate getting new injectors, cheapest place to get them is mail order from the us

its also a system that you can use in the future if you go for more mods

the injectors in the abf system can only flow 200BHP how much to map it do you recon. and can i still use the standard ECU

Use some VR6 ones then, or red tops.

We've already told you Vince is the best person to speak to about this as he built the engine.

i no ive spoke to vince he has got a fuel rail in the shop that will fit straight on. but he is talking thousands for it and i aint got the money right now could do with something i can do and just get map'd

£1000s? For a fuel rail? Doesn't sound right to me.... you could buy a MK3 manifold, rail and injectors new from VW as RMN suggested for less than that!!

I think that is the best way to go on a budget..... or you can plumb in a fuel rail to the existing manifold, retain the K jet injectors and use a Dastek piggy-back ECU to control the rail of VR6 injectors.

vince has said for a custom made fuel rail and for the motec dta management system fitted with all parts its gonna be £2300 + VAT best get saving supposed to be doing a trackday in june

yeah thats about right price wise, with that you are getting a fully mapable ecu with a loom specificly made for your engine and a custom made fuel rail.

Ideally thats the way to go, as its future proof if you know what i mean, mods wise.

but you can use a g60 engine loom and ecu with a mk3 16v inlet manifold with your existing throtle body and the mk3's fuel rail, the only problem you will have is to get the parts.

here are some

[web]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 55428&rd=1[/web]

and maybe the guy has the inlet manifold too???

don't forget that to re-map ANY system you put onto this car is gonna cost you over £300... and that's without any parts... :|

we got a mk2 golf done by dave walker at emerald for 200 last year, that was with an emerald ecu mind you, so it could be a special rate