Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

Oil Leak

I have an oil leak, but only when the engine is running. Any ideas? i was suspecting the sump gasket, but it looks as though its coming from higher up that that.

is this a common one to go then? is it a relatively easy job or would i be better off taking it to a pro? pardon the ignorance, just learning with corrado's.

Depends how much higher up it is. It might be the head gasket too, which is a pretty big job for a novice.

Might be the oil cooler seal. Its not going to leak unless there is oil pressure. Had to switch it out on my 2.0 and VR6.

Could be the oil filler cap. The rubber sealing may have had its day, but its less than a fiver for a new cap. This is what happened on mine, just check for oil weeping around the filler area. :wink:

Thanks for all your replies, I might just replace the oil filler cap anyway so i can eliminate that, then i think a trip to stealth or similar might be in order, got a few other bits that could do with checking as well.