Sign in to follow this  
phillvr6

Headunit and changer dead

All,

My Sony headunit and CD changer have stopped working, ie can't switch the headunit on or open the changer. I've checked the fuse and thats OK.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Phill

Which fuse have you checked? there will be the normal one in the fuse box that will cover the stereo but there is also one on the back of the head unit... sorry if you've already checkd that! Other than that I can't think of any bright ideas - other than try pressing the reset button in the front of the h/u as it may just be stuck, but thats a bit of a long shot...

Good luck

not sure if this is quite relevant........

My HU and changer seem to get the hump when my immob kicks in. The HU forgets radio presets and where I am upto on my CD's. I also cannot eject the mag from the changer.

Might be worth looking at your wiring to the perm live??

Sorry if way off the mark, still a newb :oops: :)

I recently had an immobiliser fitted professionally and fitted a new head unit myself. All was well, but the radio did not remember stations and the cd went back to the begining everytime, this I put down to lack of permanent power, so I wired the perm red wire to the yellow ignition only wire on the head unit (this was recomended).

This blew the 10 amp fuse under the dash (but not one on head unit) and has also left the car with no power to the starter motor, so now have nothing when I turn the key to start.

I know this is a bit long winded, but has anyone else had an electrical fault like this???

HELP