Sign in to follow this  
rajgohil

Corrado G60 Idle Problems

Hi, guys i've got a problem with my Corrado G60, the car was run fine, but after i cleaned out my intake pipes and later starting it up the revs were unstable, what i mean is that the idles were jumping from 1000 to 2000. at its own will. I have not touched any thing. It also seems like its back firing in the inlet manifold.

Has anyone got any suggestion?

Any help will be greatful.

Thanks in advance Raj.

Your car is sucking air in from somewhere - try the following :

1. Loose inlet manifold - check & tighten if necessary

2. Dirty/damaged "Idle Stabilisation Valve" - clean or replace if necessary

3. Damaged vacuum hose - check condition of all vacuum hoses & replace if necessary

Firstly, check that all the pipes and vacuum hoses in the engine bay have been properly reconnected and that there are no air leaks. Pay particular attention the the cam cover breather outlet (under the square plastic bit on top of the rocker cover) as these often split causing similar symptoms. Look very closely at the plumbing to the idle valve as well as any pipes that lead to the inlet manifold on. If all appears well then the idle stabalisation valve (ISV) may be at fault. These are prone to getting gummed up and sticking. Remove the ISV and either clean with liberal amounts of carb cleaner or soak in petrol overnight before draining and refitting.

It is unlikely that your isv has started playing up overnight and bearing in mind you have had all the pipework off an air leak is the most likely culprit but isv problems are so common that this is worth a look as well.

Pay particular attention the the cam cover breather outlet (under the square plastic bit on top of the rocker cover) as these often split causing similar symptoms

funny as doesnt this feed into catchtank when you remove the boost return didnt think a split would cause any problems?

Pay particular attention the the cam cover breather outlet (under the square plastic bit on top of the rocker cover) as these often split causing similar symptoms

funny as doesnt this feed into catchtank when you remove the boost return didnt think a split would cause any problems?

Mine is just piped to atmosphere - runs fine & doesn't leak oil either . :shock:

Stevemac

we must have been typing responses at the same time!

:p .. :lol:

I added the inlet manifold bit because I've seen a few G60's with a leaky manifiold-head gasket due to loose manifold mounting screws.