Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Possible G60 boost leak

Well i got my new motor today, looks like i have a slight boost leak where the induction pipe connects to the charger outlet. There is very slight oil residue on the charger bracket and what appears to be a bit of rubber sticking out from the connection. Looks like an easy fix to me as it appears like its the rubber gasket thats not sat right.

Anybody know that this is a fact and that I am not taking arse as I am new to the G60 thing. Also is this a part thats available on its own as boost leak would suggest the car is not running at its stage 4 potential. :(

Sounds about right to me check out

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17067

Would take off the pipe give it a clean and monitor how much oil is coming thru I think any more than a teaspoon and you should have it looked at. Some oil is normal. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me :)

Or get a boost gauge always handy to have with a G60

I have also noticed that my oil breather pipe is somewhat knackered and has basically collapsed. The inside of the boost pipes after the charger are a greasy but would not say that its dripping with oil.

also i can feel the boost leak on my fingers when i rev the engine, its def coming from the plastic connection where the main outlet is connected to the the boost pipe. Those 4 bolts look like they are a pain to remove, the bottom 2 in particular look difficult to access. Is it poss to use gasket sealer or something similar to prevent the leak?

the plastic connection where the main outlet is connected to the the boost pipe. Those 4 bolts look like they are a pain to remove

I suppose you mean that horrible black square plastic box sitting at the charger output, to which the boost pipe leading to the intercooler is connected? Yup, nasty thing, it's the silencer, consists of 2 halfs with a gasket inbetween. Best get rid of the thing and replace it with an RS outlet. Oh, and getting that thing off is fun as well, there's a bolt in the centre of that silencer holding it to the charger outlet. May require some swearing to take the silencer off (I just broke mine open in the middle to better get my ratchet onto that centre bolt, followed by a long toss away of the silencer box :lol:

Tempest

Wheres the best place to get a RS outlet?

It's a standard part from golf and passat G60's with aircon, used to be about £12 from the dealer, now gone up to £75!!

Best to get the Gwerks kit as you get the samco reducer as well that you'll need.