Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

G60 ideal oil temp

what is it as i've just had my autometer oil temp/pressure guages fitted and the oil temp warms up to about 180 but if you give the car stick it rises to around 200-210 is this high, also the oil pressure guage just flys off the guage i.e above 100psi if you accelerate or blip the throttle

i have just had an oil change with semi-syntetic oil, have i got problems or is this ok

I would say these are way out. You should look for an oil leak when I got my pressure guage fitted the sender unit wasnt fitted correctly and I displayed the same symptoms. It should sit at about 30 lbs when dowing around 70 (thats from memory on the VDO guages it sits at the second set of digits at 70 and first on idel)

Oil temp on a nice cold day should sit between 95 and 110 at 70 on the motorway. But this will be influenced by outside temp etc. I'll check out the pressure when I go out later.

What OIL temp is the MFA displaying and are you taking them from the same source?

HTH

My golf G60 oil temp sits around 96-104 and my oil pressure gauge reads about 5.5 bar max (whatever that is in psi).

Are you sure you have not connected your oil pressure to the rev counter :!: