Sign in to follow this  
Rory

Porsche Cups

These are the Porsche Cups that came with my car.

As you can see the original stud holes have been filled and redrilled although by the finish it looks like they have been drilled from blanks.

I told a guy at a garage i'd seen other VW's with them on without the need for drilling and he told me that every single model of Porsche had wheels designed for it.

I presume the car that these came off had mammoth hubs and therefore big brakes :)

He reckons theyre safe which was my first concern.

Any ideas what is going on, how this is done?

If anyone wants them i will sell them. They have 2 new Falken 215/40/17's i think and 2 worn Toyo Proxes :) in the same size. I dont know the price cos i dont know how much someone woould pay for butchered looking wheels

Please someone solve this mystery

Rory,

Most, if not all, Porsche rims have a fittment of 5 x 130 PCD. That is basicaly 5 stud

130mm apart or 65mm from the center. I've never seen anything like your wheels

b4, as in, having them redrilled. Maybe a little dodgey if you ask me. But it all

depends on how it was done and by who. Your wheels are Cup 2's by the way.

The most common way of geting a set of Porsche wheels on a VW are to buy an

adapter. These cost between £120-£220 a set. The stud pattern doesn't mean tho

that the car originaly had big brakes. Tho, since it's a Porsche it probably did have.

The VW's have a PCD of either 4 x 100, 4 stud , or 5 x 100, 5 stud.

Hope this clears things up.

Hub adapters look good. Does it alter the offset of the wheel? They look quite thick so how dont the wheels stick out?

Here are more pics of them (yes they are on my dining room table and no you cant tell my mother :lol: ).

Seriously tho they arnt perfect and there are kerbs. The centre caps seen here do fit into place by themselves and are only pushed in for the photos (they had epoxy holding them in when i bought the car but left no pain damage)

Hub adapters look good. Does it alter the offset of the wheel? They look quite thick so how dont the wheels stick out?

The Porsche wheels have different Offsets. IE ET52 , ET 47 or whatever. If i run

a 20mm and a 25mm hub adapter with those; It will bring the Offset down to

ET 27. Do you know what offset your Cup's are ? They should tell you on the inside.

The offset on the wheels is ET35 the same as those pattern german ones you showed me Paul.

The size is 7.5J*17H2. Know that 7.5 is the width & 17 the diameter, not sure what J and H2 mean though. They also have a made in Italy badge on the back. Think they may be pattern ones but why would someone go to the trouble of drilling them if theyre fakes.

The badges dont fit properly which is another sign they may be fake. Any ideas??????????

I think they may be replicas made by Mille Miglia (hence the made in Italy badge), and the low offset as afaik genuine Porsche wheels aren't available in such a low offset.

HTH

how much would u be looking for the wheels and tyres??anyone got adapters for sale?

You dont need the adapters with those wheels btw. They'll fit straight on. A VR6 that is.