Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

Maintenance??

Hey,

The VR6's just hit its 80k'th mile now, I'm beginning to wonder is there anything due to be replaced at this time? Daft question I expect; I do have some history of the car but not many bills, so I don't believe its ever had any substantial work done on it. Do wheel bearings or chains etc need changing at this time??

The car has done mostly motorway mileage...... but the engine does feel slightly rough at times and I've got this annoying 'whoosh-whoosh' sound coming from the belt.

It had a 'full' service done at 77k, but I don't think they did a *great* job for the money.

P.s Or do I sell it and buy an integra type R? :roll:

Also there does seem to be a lot of body-roll, not too great on the brakes and very slippy in the wet.

80k is about the time where everything needs replacing if its only had dealer type services up until now...

Good idea to go to Stealth and get a proper service, ie change all belts, all fluids and anything else that needs doing...

Then think about replacing/upgrading all the suspension, bushes, brakes...

any ideas how much a PROPER (lol) service is?

If I can get the type-r out of my mind then I'll go 4 some 288mm brakes or hi-tech ones... not sure which way to go on the suspension front, wanna keep the speedlines, so it needs lowering.. Koni coilovers are a little out of my league at the mo.

My mate's on his way back from castle coombe, told me on the txt there were tonnes of type-R's, gonna fill me later.. mind you, he was in his 260bhp fiat coupe!!