Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

Fuel additive

going santa pod this wkend as usual, and was gonna buy some additive but have been given some valvoline race fuel addivitve (used in friends skyline) but on the directions on the back it says for a high compression engine, can i use it in my low comp G60 or do i buy the normal stuff?? what could happen??

buy race fuel at the place, mixing it with your 92 octane shouldnt be a problem, fuel additives dont work in our beautiful cars, makes them too hot and gives no HP. 100 octane should do. if you can get 120 even better, if you really want something that will fly, go to the local airport first and get some 140 Jet fuel about 3 pounds per gallon

all the race fuels say that they are for high comp engines, and the bloke said he was'nt sure if if would damage my engine, and to ask the people of wisdom (you lot!!) before i buy/use

whats gonna be the difference, is there an additive or special fuel for low comp engines

Go to BahnBrenner.com, they have a movie called tyfighter.mpeg, it is a scirrocco running a G60 with 22PSI and 100 octane, it does fine.

Last time I ran my VR6 at the pod, i used EMPI race fuel which you can buy there, at 107 octane its quite strong. But it did make a difference, and the car did run nice on the motorway on the way hope.

Last time I ran my VR6 at the pod, i used EMPI race fuel which you can buy there, at 107 octane its quite strong. But it did make a difference, and the car did run nice on the motorway on the way hope.
and how much were you paying for this ???