Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Creative Zen Micro Vs Panasonic Headunit ****UPDATED****

Right, i conected my mp3 player to the pre out (white and red) in the back of the h/u and now plays the cd or radio on the headunit PLUS the mp3 so i got 2 tunes running at the same time which i dont want or i got the radio hissing and the mp3 player

also tried the autochanger aux cables which are also white and red but the headunit didnt switch to aux and there is no menu option to do so...

Please can someone help has i spent lots of money on a mp3 player i will have no use for now

thanks in advance

You need an adaptor cable to make the headunit recognise that there's a source connected... ;) I think panasonic actually sell them themselves...

poo chunks....... had a local panasonic authrised dealer only closed down recently u kno anywhere i can find this cable????

a friend told me there maybe a hidden menu with all other options to activate aux ports to make the player work anyone kno where i can find these

I don't think it will ever work plugged into the pre-outs as they are OUTputs... :?

yes i UNDERSTAND YOU but it is working, jus playing cd or radio at the same time

..it's working 'cos you're back feeding into the amplifier... continue to do that and you'll fry either the MP3 player's amplifier or the head unit (or possibly both!) :roll:

You REALLY need to plug it into the INput phonos... ;)

ok i am looking for this cable thing u said but no joy,,,might have to give some of the shops a try

weird. I wish i knew more about car stereo stuff. There has to be a way to use the AUX port on the stereo. Do you have the manual? If not, I would just wait to talk to the dealer of the stereo rep.

Just thought I would mention, My brother works for Creative Labs here in the states. =]

i got the manual its useless jus says plus the aux cable in.... need to find the hidden menu or cable,,,, creative lab sie dont offer no kits or how to's or anything

The headunits I've installed, you need an extra loom which plugs in the back, to give you the 'AUX in' RCA plugs.

Then when plugged in, the "Enable AUX in" will appear in your Menu..

come with red and white connectors on the aux (pigtail), i was thinking what u said andi i hope u right need to ring some places up tomorrow hope it is that will save a lot of money and hassle

GIXXERUK, thats the exact lead i need,,,shame they dont make one for the panasonic system... time for an upgrade me thinks...

anyone kno of any company that can make me a lead for my headunit...going to try autoleads in the morning and see what i can do

Modulators do work, yeah.

Depends if you want something plugged in your fag lighter all the time though. Might be better off hard-wiring it in out of sight (wire a second fag lighter if up if want - I have two in mine ;))

And bare in mind FM radio waves are compressed - so you will loose audio quality.

And I'd like to know how you get 'surround sound' out of a stereo jack... ahem.

At £13.49 all in - try it mate. If it don't work, flog it to someone at a meet for £20.... ;)

You could buy this from the bloke too, and chop the end off, and hard-wire the triple plug in so you end up with a triple plug on your passenger footwell shelf. Then you plug in your fm modulator and car charger for you mp3 player, and car charger for your phone - all at once.

im going for it see what it does,,,, only thing im concerned abt is the radio buzzing in the backround and if the mp3 player will act like a radio as the reception in my car isnt too good,,so will it keep buzzing in and out of reception??? ohh well can always send it back and it will only cost me 3 quid

halfords do a 4 in fag lighter adapter for £5 am gonna get one of those and hide it in the glovebox, (also has a handy on/off switch) maybe run it off the glove box light...

i think the "surround sound" implies using the front and rear speakers not a 5:1 built in decoder :lol: that would be a bargain

These modulators work really well... only down side is that they're actually illegal to use in the country... :|

However, the chances of you getting caught are slim to bugger all, so go for it... ;) There won't be any radio crackle/interference from other stations as nothing in the UK at the moment transmits (legally) on 107.7 'cos that's right up at the end of the dial...

The "surround sound" bit means that it'll try and send any extra embedded digital info that the device connected to it can supply... the odds are that your radio won't know what to do with it so will just put it through the speakers as normal... but it does sound good doesn't it... ;) :lol:

p.s. I'm a radio broadcast engineer for a living... ;)

thanks guys u been great....

i suppose if this dont work u guys need to start recommeding me a headunit...

was expecting it today but never came....hopefully tomorrow

yep i wanted something like that for mine but they dont make one was thinking of getting one custom made but dont kno where they do it and prob cost a lot too

Myself and Phil K were in Halfrauds at the weekend and we saw a head unit that has line-in phono sockets on the back which can be selected from the front panel, in much the same way as a home stereo - reckon it'd be perfect for this sort of thing! If only I could remember which one it was... :oops:

You could then hard-wire some sockets hidden under the dash that run to the back of the stereo...