Sign in to follow this  
David Winter

Jacking

I want to rebuild the rear suspension. i have 3 axle stands and a trolley jack. Where should I support the car so I can remove the rear suspension safely. Im not too keen on using the sill points.

On the big ear shaped plates the rear axle bush bolts pass through....or a rubber block on the standard scissor jacking points, which is how they're jacked up at the dealers.

Ok thanks. Have finally got some koni adjustable shocks. Am going to do it it 2 stages. 1 weekend for the rear and another for the front. Will try and take some pictures. I want to raise the ride height at the back slightly as the eibachs are notoriously low at the rear. Will I get away with just replacing the mounting rubbers or should I take the struts apart first. The trouble I have is that I need the car on the road by the monday.

Not sure I understand the question....you have to dismantle the struts anyway to fit the Konis? If by mounting rubbers you mean the top mounts, don't bother replacing them unless they look really knackered and squashed. You'll need the rear konis on the highest notch (circlip on the strut body) with the Eibachs and even then I think it might sit lower at the back :?

Ok thanks. I was trying to anticipate things to replace before taking it appart so I dont have to order parts and delay the job as it is my daily driver at the moment. I hope the rears lift a bit. In non technical terms I can get 2 fingers between the arch and the tyre on the front and only 1 at the back :D