Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

changing to a fm oil cooler different hose required?

ive got a new oil cooler it is an allard unit havent actually seen it yet a blind bargain buy from egay! just wondering how you get the old water oil cooler off? and i take it im going to use a new pipe without a take off for the oil cooler? any clues or part numbers would be great or pipe bore sizes so i can order some silicon hose up. cheers folks

'SIMPLY' take the oil filter off and undo the nut below the cooler. Then get the 'oil filter mounting thread thingo' from a carby car and swap it with the std one.

You need top swap the 2 water hoses that fed the std oil cooler, with the ones from a carb motor. I am sure the numbers have been posted here before.

Gavin

i have samcos i suppose i could just plug the unrequired outlets? how does the threaded part from the carb car attach to the block?

cool any one got the part number??? and the numbers for the golf hoses? or shall i just ring darren a g-werks that has to be the most used number in my mobiles phone book! mrs aside of course