Sign in to follow this  
edd

exhaust dilemma

Folks

Having just decided that the absolute way forward with the Vr was going to be a Magnex cat back i popped into Taylor Made exhaust shop in worcester at the weekend had a chat with the owners son who's prob too good at his job for my own good and he now has me thinking again. Basically they will do a custom ss sytem cat back for just over the retail price of the Magnex (but they have a tail pipe thats similar to the Magnex oval but that would look just so smooth and subtle). I know they have some connection with powerflow (or even are!) who i've heard and seen very varied reports about. I understand the one in Worcester is the birthplace of the company though so im thinking their best workmanship will reside here. Anyone got any experience of these guys.

It amazing how such a thing can torment the mind.

Oh yeah ive previously read posts of difficulties in obtaining H&R Springs. If anyones interested Fast Forward motorsport have just got me some £150 and five days.

Well you could go for a "custom" set up or buy a tailor made, dyno tested off the shelf Magnex, Miltek or Supersprint that will fit perfectly if fitted correctly. I've seen Powerflow's rotted through. They are all franchised and the quality of fitting and welding will vary considerably between outlets. A chap on here has got one and posted some pics up of the welding and it looks like a real Friday afternoon job! I would imagine the search facility would help you out on the quest to make a decision. If you go for a Miltek, give 16VG60 a call as he can do a good deal. The tailpipe design is oval.

I was going to go for a powerflow but went for longlife instead cos apparently they use higher grade steel.

I am about to take car back for the third time :mad:

1st trip joining compound split in join from the downpipe.

2nd trip very loud vibrating noise (happened 10 mins after leaving from first trip)

3rd trip is because the back now knocks whenever I go over a bump!

Given the choice again I would go with magnex or one of the others mentioned.

Yeah ive seen those pictures too...horrendous, but as you said they are franchised. think im gonna stick to my original plan tho and take the Magnex at least i know from the forum that it'll be quiet and i wont have any horrid resonances appear just when you dont want them (80 on the Mway). Would of looked nice tho :? and price would include fitting. Might wait and let my mate use his MKII Golf as a guinea pig. i've told him what i've heard and he still wants one.